The Indonesian Economy: Trade and Industrial Policies
Against the backdrop of growing anti-globalisation sentiments and increasing fragmentation of the production process across countries, this book addresses how the Indonesian economy should respond and how Indonesia should shape its trade and industrial policies in this new world trade environment.
The book introduces evaluation not on tariffs but on new trade instruments such as non-tariff measures (SPS, TBT, export measures and beyond border measures), and looks at industrial policies from a broader perspective such as investment, accessing inputs, labour, services, research and innovation policies.
About the Book
Edited by Lili Yan Ing, Gordon H. Hanson, and Sri Mulyani Indrawati
296 pages | 101 B/W Illus.
Table of Contents
- Introduction (Lili Yan Ing and Sri Mulyani Indrawati)
- Export Specialisation in East and Southeast Asia: Lessons from China's 'Exceptional' Development (Gordon H. Hanson)
- Indonesia's Trade Policy in the New World Trade (Lili Yan Ing, Mari Elka Pangestu, and Olivier Cadot)
- Indonesian Industrialisation and Industrial Policy: Catching Up, Slowing Down, Muddling Through (Haryo Aswichayono and Hal Hill)
- Why is Indonesia Left Behind in Regional Production Networks? (Ben Shepherd and Moekti Soejachmoen)
- Development of Exports in Indonesian Manufacturing: A Look at Micro Data (Ari Kuncoro)
- Indonesia's Manufacturing Export Competitiveness: A Unit Labour Cost Analysis (Rully Prassetya)
- Labour Market and Firm Competitiveness in Indonesia: Some Issues and Challenges (Muhammad Purnagunawan, Devanto Shasta Pratomo, and Daniel Suryadarma)
- Assessing the Impact of Local Content Requirements on Indonesia's Manufacturing Industry (Siwage Dharma Negara)
- Foreign Direct Investment and Value Added in Indonesia (Fredrik Sjöholm)
- Innovation in the Manufacturing and Service Sectors: Determinants and Challenges (Günther Schulze and Ute Schulze)
Click here to buy the book. Hardback version available.
This book is now Open Access. Click the button below to read online or download the book.