Economic Research Institute of ASEAN and East Asia, or ERIA, is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the official website of ERIA ("ERIA Website").
- In general, ERIA will not collect personal information, by which a customer is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the ERIA Website. Some services offered through the ERIA Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services. In such cases, prior to asking you to submit your personal information, ERIA will clearly specify the purposes of use of such information and will use the collected data only within the scope of such purposes. ERIA will not use your personal information without your consent for other purposes.
- If you would like to discontinue using any or all of ERIA's services you registered, or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures.
- ERIA will not disclose personal information you provide ERIA via the ERIA Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
- ERIA has your consent. ERIA is required by law to disclose such information.
- ERIA shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is ERIAs policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data, such as the number of customers by region, industry, or age group.
- Some of ERIA's services available via the ERIA Website collect information about your computer, by using "cookies". Although ERIA may identify your computer through "cookies", ERIA cannot identify you individually unless you provide ERIA with your personal information via the ERIA Website. Also, no personal information stored in cookies during your visit to the ERIA Website will be sent to other websites. You can configure your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, depending on the particular cookie you reject, you may not be able to fully utilize ERIA's services.
- ERIA has appropriate measures in place against unauthorized accesses to the ERIA Website using firewalls and virus detection systems. ERIA also implements appropriate processes for secure data transmission using data encryption. Through these measures and processes, ERIA seeks to protect your personal information against unauthorized accesses, leakage or alteration. Under the Internet environment, however, no data protection method or combination of methods can be guaranteed to be fail-safe. Please note that it is your sole responsibility and decision to provide us with your personal information, as ERIA does not guarantee that ERIA measures and processes taken to protect such information while you communicate with ERIA via the ERIA Website are invulnerable.
- ERIA is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your ID and password. Management of your ID and password is your sole responsibility. Please note that, if you have registered false information or information belonging to a person other than yourself, or you misused the ERIA Website, ERIA may suspend the use of your ID and password.
- ERIA cannot control your personal information located in an outside website created by private companies, public/private organizations and individuals, which is not under the control of ERIA and to which ERIA Website links. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving the ERIA Website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the outside website, which may collect your personal information. ERIA recommends that you take care of handling your personal information and review the privacy and security policy of such websites.