Why Join Us ¿
ERIA is a leading international research institution where top economists work together and conduct research to develop practical policy recommendations for economic integration among the economies of ASEAN and East Asia. ERIA provides great opportunities for staff to tackle and study a broad range of subjects and meet academic and non-academic interests.
The Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) is a unique and leading international organization where high-grade economists work together and conduct economic and/or policy studies to derive practical policy recommendations. ERIA provides many opportunities to tackle a broad range of subjects and meet academic/non-academic interests.
ERIA launched the Project on the Development of Healthcare Services Collaboration Platform to Realize the Asia Health and Human Well-Being Initiative (‘the Project’), aiming for setting up an organizational basis to implement international cooperative projects and build a network among public, private, and academic sectors in the field of medical and healthcare services in Asia since April 2020. The Project is a part of the actions under the Asia Health and Wellbeing Initiative (AHWIN) led by the government of Japan (please refer to this page) and more focusing on exploring the challenges and providing policy recommendations in setting up the organizational basis in Asia, s starting from India and Viet Nam.
To achieve the purpose of the Project, ERIA critically needs an expert who has relevant expertise and can closely collaborate with the experts on medical and healthcare services in Asia.
ERIA is pleased to open the following full-time position for a senior staff through an open-call selection process:
Director of Healthcare Services
Under broad direction of the President and other senior management officials:
- Execute project management and coordination of the Project with the Japanese government and other stakeholders such as public, private, and academic sectors in East Asia and beyond.
- Conduct back-office operations such as a budget-related ordering work, accounting procedures (contracts, business trips, etc.) based on ERIA rules with an assistant.
- Attend meetings and symposia and represent ERIA as needed.
- Give lectures to the government officials related business circles and others as required.
- Supervise subordinate staffs who work for the Project as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the ERIA President and/or other senior management officials, particularly on other topics related to healthcare in general.
- Education and experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in health, social, or management science relevant to the position, such as, but not limited to, Public Health, Health Systems, Health Economics, Sociology, Gerontology, Public Management or other related fields.
- Relevant working experience for more than ten years, including at least five years at the management level.
- Proven and documented business achievements, particularly in the health-related field.
- Clinical or research experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of and research experience in Asia, leading to academic publications are preferred.
- Working experience as a civil servant and/or at any international organization would be an asset.
- Language requirements
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of the official languages of one of ASEAN member countries and/or Japanese would be an asset.
- ERIA is committed to workforce diversity. Applications from any nationals from ASEAN member countries and Japan are particularly encouraged.
- Salary and benefits: Equivalent to UN staff members at similar function but modifiable, depending on the candidate’s academic degree and experience. In addition to salary, medical insurance, 20 days of annual paid holidays, and rent allowance are provided. Details will be provided before the offer of the position.
- Term: 2 or 3-year fixed-term appointment in principle, with a probationary period of 6 months, renewable upon reappointment by the President, depending on performance and continuation of the Project.
- Working location: ERIA Annex Office, Sentral Senayan II, 5th & 6th Floors, Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Gelora Bung Karno – Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270, Indonesia. You can work remotely from your current place of residence until the COVID-19 pandemic settles down.
How to Apply
Send a full resume and a one-page motivation letter to [email protected] as soon as possible. The motivation letter should describe your professional competence, your knowledge and interests about ERIA, and why you would be a good candidate for the job. Please write ‘Application for Director of Healthcare Services’ in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Entry on duty: as soon as possible
Deadline for application: 30 June 2021
Please note that ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. If you have questions in this respect, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Under the direct supervision of the Capacity Building and Strategy and Partnerships Directors, the successful candidate will perform a wide range of program management activities including the following:
- Support the development and implementation of programme activities in the region
- Liaise with government officials, academics, and private sector
- Support the organising of events such as workshops, policy roundtables, and multi-stakeholder meetings
- Write activity reports and gather information and indicators for the production of such reports
- Develop communications products
- Perform other activities as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Development Economics
- Three years of experience implementing donor-funded projects
- A strong understanding of regional economic development issues
- Experience of working for and with ASEAN and related institutions a benefit
- Experience in tracking and reporting for donor-funding projects and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Capacity to adapt, take initiative, and ability to undertake simultaneous tasks
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with academics and policymakers in the region
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Comfort working both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to plan and meet pressing deadlines
- Competitive remuneration with health benefit
- Local hire
Office will be provided at the ERIA Annex Office, Sentral Senayan II, & Floor, Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, Gelora Bung Karno – Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270, Indonesia
How to Apply
Send a full resume with a one-page cover letter to [email protected] Please write “application for Program Officer” in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Deadline for application: Until the Position is filled.
Please note that ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. If you have questions in this respect, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. For additional information, please refer to ERIA’s website: Program Officer
This role will support the Communications and Publications Departments with their design and typesetting needs. The position will be split between the two teams and will report to the Directors of both Departments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meets with book authors, Publications Department, Communications Department, and other staff to understand design concept and gather information and materials for each design project as necessary.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists Communications and Publications teams with other needs as needed (eg with events, mailings, etc…)
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and other similar software)
- Time-management skills
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in graphic design and publications layout
- Language requirements: High proficiency in oral and written English.
Working location: ERIA Annex Office, Sentral Senayan II, 5th & 6th Floors, Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Gelora Bung Karno – Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270, Indonesia. You can work remotely from your current place of residence until the COVID-19 pandemic settles down.
How to Apply
Send a full resume and portfolio of social media designs and publications layout to [email protected] as soon as possible. Please write ‘Application for Social Media and Publications Design Assistant’ in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this email address.