Why Join Us ¿
ERIA is a leading international research institution where top economists work together and conduct research to develop practical policy recommendations for economic integration among the economies of ASEAN and East Asia. ERIA provides great opportunities for staff to tackle and study a broad range of subjects and meet academic and non-academic interests.
The Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) is a unique and leading international organisation where high-grade economists work together and conduct economic and/or policy studies to derive practical policy recommendations. ERIA provides many opportunities to tackle a broad range of subjects and meet academic/non-academic interests.
ERIA launched the Project on the Development of Healthcare Services Collaboration Platform to Realize the Asia Health and Human Well-Being Initiative (‘the Project’), aiming for setting up an organizational basis to implement international cooperative projects and build a network among public, private, and academic sectors in the field of medical and healthcare services in Asia since April 2020. The Project is a part of the actions under the Asia Health and Wellbeing Initiative (AHWIN) led by the government of Japan (please refer to this page) and more focusing on exploring the challenges and providing policy recommendations in setting up the organisational basis in Asia, particularly in India and Viet Nam.
In order to achieve the purpose of the Project, ERIA critically needs an expert who has relevant expertise and can closely collaborate with the experts on medical and healthcare services in India and Viet Nam.
ERIA is pleased to open the following full-time position for a senior staff through an open-call selection process:
Director of Healthcare Services
Under broad direction of the President and other senior management officials:
- Execute project management and coordination of the Project with the Japanese government and other stakeholders such as public, private, and academic sectors in East Asia and beyond.
- Conduct back-office operations such as a budget-related ordering work, accounting procedures (contracts, business trips, etc.) based on ERIA rules with an assistant.
- Attend meetings and symposia and represent ERIA as needed.
- Give lectures to the government officials related business circles and others as required.
- Supervise subordinate staffs who work for the Project as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the ERIA President and/or other senior management officials, particularly on other topics related to healthcare in general.
- Education and experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in health, social, or management science relevant to the position, such as, but not limited to, Public Health, Health Systems, Health Economics, Sociology, Gerontology, Public Management or other related fields.
- Experience in the above fields or equivalent that can be proven by the record of articles published in professional or academic journals, edited volumes, and/or other major publications.
- Knowledge of and research experience in Southeast Asia, East Asia, and South Asia are strongly preferred.
- Working experience as a civil servant and/or at any international organization would be an asset.
- Language requirements
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of official languages of Philippines and Viet Nam would be an asset.
- Any nationality can be accepted, but a citizen of India or Viet Nam would be preferable.
- Salary and benefits: Depending on the candidate’s degree and experience.
- Term: 2 or 3-year fixed-term appointment in principle, with a probationary period of 6 months, renewable upon reappointment by the President, depending on performance and continuation of the project.
- Working location: ERIA Annex Office, Sentral Senayan II, 5th & 6th Floors, Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Gelora Bung Karno – Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270, Indonesia. You can work remotely from your current place of residence until the COVID-19 pandemic settles down.
How to Apply
Send a full resume and a one-page motivation letter to [email protected] as soon as possible. The motivation letter should describe your professional competence, your knowledge and interests about ERIA, and why you would be a good candidate for the job. Please write ‘Application for Director of Healthcare Services’ in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Entry on duty: as soon as possible
Deadline for application: Until the position is filled.
Please note that ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. If you have questions in this respect, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].