Lili Yan Ing
Lead Advisor (Southeast Asia Region)
Lili Yan Ing is a Lead Advisor (Southeast Asia Region) at the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
Dr Ing was appointed as Lead Advisor to the Minister of Trade of Indonesia from 2017–2019 and Senior Advisor on Trade and Investment at the President’s Office of the Republic of Indonesia from 2015–2016. During her services, Indonesia concluded Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), the Indonesia—Australia CEPA, the Indonesia—Korea CEPA, and the Indonesia—EFTA CEPA, and reactivated the Indonesia—EU CEPA. She represented Indonesia at G20 Trade Ministers Meeting in 2018 and WTO Trade Ministers Meeting at a sideline of OECD Council Meeting in 2018 and 2019.
Dr Ing has written articles and edited books, among others: Robots and AI, World Trade Evolution, East Asian Integration, The Indonesian Economy, Regional Integration and Non-Tariff Measures in ASEAN, and 50 Years of Indonesia’s Trade Policy.
Latest Books and Reports
- Indonesia’s G20: New Normal, New Technologies, New Financing (eds. Lili Yan Ing and Dani Rodrik)
- Robots and AI: A New Economic Era (eds. Lili Yan Ing and Gene Grossman)
- World Trade Evolution (eds. Lili Yan Ing and Miaojie Yu)
- COVID-19 in Indonesia: Impacts on the Economy and Ways to Recovery (eds. Lili Yan Ing and Chatib Basri)
- The Indonesia Economy (eds. Lili Yan Ing, Gordon Hanson, and Sri Mulyani)
- East Asian Integration (eds. Lili Yan Ing, Martin Richardson, and Shujiro Urata)