MSMEs Talk #10: Innovation Eco-systems and the roles of Start-ups and MSMEs
The dynamism of the ASEAN region can be observed also in its vibrant and emerging innovation eco-systems. Together with other players, MSMEs and start-ups have an important role to play in the emergence of these ASEAN innovation hot spots. Companies investing in the ASEAN region have brought with them new ideas, talents, resources, business culture, and skills. The positive impact cannot be denied as evident from the rise of start-ups and innovative MSMEs over the past few years. And it is important to remember that innovation is about technology and R&D but also about systemic change, social impact, and new ways to tackle and find solutions to problems.
What roles can ASEAN start-ups and MSMEs play, and how can they contribute to the further growth and development of the innovation eco-systems in this region? What can government and international organisations do to promote inclusive innovations bringing social impact and systemic change? Come hear from our experts and entrepreneurs as they share their thoughts in the final episode of this webinar series. Not to be missed!
- Okka Phyo Maung, Co-Founder and CMO, RecyGlo (Myanmar)
- Souphaphone Souannavong, Founder and Managing Director, TOHLAO Group (Laos)
- Michele Yen Cheng Chew, Assistant Director, Science and Technology Division, ASEAN Secretariat
- Giulio Quaggiotto, Head of the Regional Innovation Center, Asia Pacific, UNDP
- Sitara Syed, Deputy Resident Representative, UNDP
Date and Time:
3 December 2020, 2 PM to 3:15 PM Jakarta Time (UTC+7)
Online (link to meeting room to be provided after registration)