MSME Talk#9: The Rise of Fintech and Digital Payments- Pandemic and Beyond
The rise of financial technology (fintech) firms has been phenomenal over the last several years. In ASEAN, a report shared that the number of fintech firms increased 3.5 times between 2014 and 2019. Governments in ASEAN have been aggressively reforming and strengthening their respective regulatory frameworks to ensure that this sector continues its robust growth trajectory.
Has the COVID-19 pandemic thrown a curveball to this growth story? How should this region respond and more importantly, what can the fintech entrepreneurs ride the waves of this storm to emerge stronger? As with past sessions of this webinar talk series, we have brought together an interesting blend of economic experts and entrepreneurs to share their thoughts on this topic. Join us to glean valuable insights for your business on 19 November 2020.
- Ye Myat Min, CEO, Nexlabs (Myanmar)
- Denny Muslim, Founder & Director, BEEP Digital Solutions (Brunei)
- Pritam Basu, Founder, Boseman Group (London, UK)
- Kimberley Botwright, Community Lead, Global Trade and Investment, World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Norhizam bin Abdul Kadir, Vice President, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
Date and Time:
19 November 2020, 2 PM to 3 PM Jakarta Time (UTC+7)
Online (link to meeting room to be provided after registration)