ERIA MSMEs Webinar Talk #5- Sustainability Practices in a COVID-19 World and Beyond – The Practicality for MSMEs
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015 as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030. The tripartite partnership between public, private, and people has never been stronger in the call to action to address sustainability agendas and issues. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, many reports surfaced of improved air quality and reduced carbon emissions due to reduced industrial activity and global travel. The advocacy for greater adoption of sustainability practices has grown in voice. Yet, the business practicality of such practices has always been a hurdle for many businesses, MSMEs notwithstanding.
Moving beyond the pandemic, can MSMEs realistically adopt and implement sustainability practices for their businesses? What does it mean, what challenges does it come with, and more importantly, how can it make for a successful business?
Come join us and hear from a panel of speakers, comprising MSME entrepreneurs that have made sustainability practices a core element of their business, as well as economic experts who will provide pan-regional views on this ‘hot button’ topic.
The event will be held as follows:
- Date : Thursday, 24 September 2020
- Time : 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (UTC+7; Jakarta, Indonesia time)
- Venue: Virtual Room (link will be sent with confirmation of RSVP)
- RSVP : http://bit.ly/MSMEs5 to register by 23 September 2020
- Aivonne Chong, Founder & Managing Director, Brown Bag Wines (Singapore)
- Priyanka Chetry, CEO, Grocerdel (Cambodia)
- Dr Venkatachalam Anbumozhi, Senior Energy Economist, ERIA
- Prof Jootae Kim, Professor, Dankook University, Korea