Why Join Us ¿
ERIA is a leading international research institution where top economists work together and conduct research to develop practical policy recommendations for economic integration among the economies of ASEAN and East Asia. ERIA provides great opportunities for staff to tackle and study a broad range of subjects and meet academic and non-academic interests.
Under the direct supervision of management staffs of the ERIA, especially the Deputy Director General (ERIA Representative to ASEAN), and the Policy Design Department of the ERIA, the coordination officer will perform the following activities, but not be limited to:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Organizing and maintaining schedule of relative officials of ERIA and making appointments
- Arranging meetings and greetings for visitors at all levels of seniority
- Taking dictation and minutes of meetings
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes, and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager
- Arranging travel, visas, and accommodation as well as, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- Responsible for a part of accounts and budgets
- Taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management
- Being involved in decision-making processes
- Striving to understand ERIA’s research fields and ERIA itself to communicate with outsiders, especially officials of the ASEAN Secretariat and relative organisations in the region
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Economics)
- Strong academic record
More than 2 years of work experience (i.e. Business, Administration, Management)
- Max 40 years old
- Honesty and reliability
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Ability to undertake simultaneous tasks
- Comfort working both independently and collectively in a team with the other ERIA officials
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with officials of the ASEAN Secretariat, Mission of AMS and dialogue partners to ASEAN, related organisations in the region, and policymakers
Office will be provided at the ERIA Headquarters in the Heritage Building of the ASEAN Secretariat after its /uploads/media/Career-Opportunities/2020-February-ERIA-Coordination-Officer-Vacancy.pdfrenovation. During the renovation, the office is the ERIA Annex Office.
(Headquarters) The ASEAN Secretariat, 70A, Jl Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta Selatan 12110, (Annex Office) Sentral Senayan II 5-6th Floors, Jl Asia Afrika No 8, Gelora Bung Karno, Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270
How to Apply
Send a full resume, a one-page motivation letter, and a writing sample that best reflects your ability to [email protected] as soon as possible. The motivation letter should describe your professional competence, your knowledge and interests about ERIA, and why you would be a good candidate for the job. Please write ‘Application for Coordination Officer’ in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Entry on duty: as soon as possible
Deadline for application: Until the Position is filled.
Please note that ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. If you have questions in this respect, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. For additional information, please refer to ERIA’s website: Coordination Officer
Under the direct supervision of research staffs, the successful candidates will perform a wide range of research-related activities, especially, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Conduct literature searches on specified topics as requested.
- Assist researchers in maintaining databases and coordinate with statistical agencies.
- Provide statistical analysis as requested.
- Organise and attend meetings/conferences related to research activities.
- Provide research-related work which includes writing and/or editing research reports and documents.
- Perform other research activities as necessary.
- Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics, Statistics, and/or other related fields; or Undergraduate degree in Economics Development Economics, Statistics, and/or other related fields preferably with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Strong academic record.
- Key competencies
- Training and/or experience in conducting quantitative research work.
- Essential skills in using some databases, such as Econlit, CEIC, WITS, etc.
- Essential skills in using some statistical or programming software packages, especially STATA.
- Capacity to adapt and take initiatives and ability to undertake simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with academics and policymakers in the region.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Comfort working both independently and collectively in a team with the other ERIA staffs.
- Appointment Condition
- Competitive remuneration with health benefits
- Local hire
The office will be provided at the ERIA Annex Office.
How to Apply
Send a full resume with a one-page description of study interests with their relevance to policy, a list of publications, as well as a sample paper that best reflects the candidate’s ability to [email protected] as soon as possible. When you email us, please write 'application for research associate' in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Entry on duty: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: Until the position is filled.
Note: ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. Send your questions, if any, to [email protected]. For additional information, refer to the ERIA website.