Rashesh Shrestha is an Economist as ERIA. He earned his PhD from the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Afterwards, he conducted research and taught at the Arndt-Corden Department of Economics at the Australian National University. During this time, he taught courses on Applied Microeconomics and Aid and Development Policy. His research interests are labor markets, economic development, and human capital investment. He is originally from Nepal.
- Labor Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Asian Economies
PhD in Applied Economics
BA in Economics
- Shrestha, Rashesh & Ian Coxhead (2018). Can Indonesia Secure a Development Dividend from Its Resource Export Boom•, Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, 54:1, 1-24.
- Coxhead, Ian, & Shrestha, Rashesh (2017). Globalization and School-Work Choices in an Emerging Economy: Vietnam. Asian Economic Papers, 16(2), 28-45.
- Coxhead, Ian, & Shrestha, Rashesh (2016). Could a Resource Export Boom Reduce Workers’ earnings• The Labour Market Channel in Indonesia. Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, 52(2), 1-36.
- Vinish Shrestha & Rashesh Shrestha (2018). "Intergenerational effect of education reform: mother's education and children's human capital in Nepal," (revise and resubmit)
- Rashesh Shrestha & Ian Coxhead (2018). Export boom, employment bust• The paradox of Indonesia’s displaced workers, 2000-14. ADBI Working Paper No. 874. Tokyo: Asian Development Bank Institute.
Rashesh Shrestha (2018). Early life shocks, cognitive ability, and labor market outcomes in Indonesia.
Publications in popular press