Doan Thi Thanh Ha
Dr Doan's research interests include international trade, economic growth and income distribution. Previously, she was a Research Associate at the Asian Development Bank Institute in Tokyo. Prior to ADBI, she was an academic staff at Foreign Trade University in Hanoi, Viet Nam. She obtained her PhD in Economics from Yokohama National University.
- Empirical Trade
- Economic Growth
- Income Distribution
PhD in Economics
MA in Economic Development
BA in International Economics (with Distinction)
Research Collaborator, OECD DynEmp and MultiProd projects
Business Development Officer
- Ha Thi Thanh Doan and Long Quang Trinh (2019) , “Technical Change, Exports and Employment Growth in China: A Structural Decomposition Analysis”, Asian Economic Papers, 18(2): 28-46.
- Long Quang Trinh and Ha Thi Thanh Doan (2018), “Internationalization and the growth of Vietnamese Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises: Evidence from Panel Quantile Regression,” Journal of Asian Economics, 55: 71-83.
- Doan Thi Thanh Ha, Kozo Kiyota and Yamanouchi Kenta (2016), “Misallocation and Productivity: The Case of Vietnamese Manufacturing,” Asian Development Review, 33(2): 94-118.
Ha, Doan Thi Thanh and Kozo Kiyota (2014), “Firm-level Evidence on Productivity Differentials and Turnover in Vietnamese Manufacturing,” Japanese Economic Review, 65(2): 193-217.
Reports, book reviews, and book chapters
- Ha Thi Thanh Doan (forthcoming), “Multiproduct Firms, Tariff Liberalization and Product Churning in Vietnamese Manufacturing”, in Helble, M. and Bachetta, M. (Eds.), Trade Adjustment in Asia: Past Experiences and Lessons Learned. Tokyo: Asian Development Bank Institute, Geneva: World Trade Organization.
- Ha Thi Thanh Doan and Samuel Rosenow (Eds.) (2019). Non-tariff Measures in ASEAN- An Update. Jakarta: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia.
- Chia, Siow Yue, Rashesh Shrestha, Fukunari Kimura, and Ha Thi Thanh Doan. (2019). “Skills Mobility and Common Certification Systems.” In Intal, P. and M. Pangestu (Eds.), Integrated and Connected Seamless ASEAN Economic Community, Jakarta: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, pp. 77–95.
- Doan, Thi Thanh Ha and Salvador Buban (2019), “Managing Non-tariff Measures in ASEAN”, in Intal, P. and M. Pangestu (Eds.), Integrated and Connected Seamless ASEAN Economic Community, Jakarta, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, pp. 21–33.
- Papa and Ha Thi Thanh Doan (2018), “Trade Facilitation in Myanmar and the Results of the ASTFI Baseline Study”, In Intal, P. (Eds.), Towards Seamless Trade Facilitation in ASEAN. Jakarta: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia. Unpublished Manuscript.
- Le Quang Lan and Ha Thi Thanh Doan (2018), “Trade Facilitation in Viet Nam and the Results of the ASTFI Baseline Study”, In Intal, P. (Eds.), Towards Seamless Trade Facilitation in ASEAN. Jakarta: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia. Unpublished Manuscript.
- Doan, Ha Thi Thanh and Guanghua Wan (2017), “Globalization and the Labor Share in National Income,” Asian Development Bank Institute Working Paper No. 639.
- Ha, Doan Thi Thanh and Kozo Kiyota (2015), “Misallocation, Productivity and Trade Liberalization: The Case of Vietnamese Manufacturing,” Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2015-007, Keio University.
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies (2019)
Bulletin of Economic Research (2018)
Asian Development Review (2018)
Journal of Asian Economics (2016, 2017)
Asian Economic Papers (2017)
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics (2017)