Photo Exhibition and Seminar: Bright Future Achieved by Quality Infrastructure in ASEAN -Connecting ASEAN-
ASEAN and Japan have been strengthening cooperation in enhancing connectivity through both government and private sectors, which leads to narrowing development gaps in ASEAN region, through the implementation of the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025. Above all, infrastructure developments supported by Japan in ASEAN countries have been playing an important role to expand economic prosperity as well as improve people’s lives. For example, here in Jakarta, Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) has already become an essential hard infrastructure for citizens and been highly expected to reducing traffic jam in the central Jakarta. Accordingly, the Mission of Japan to ASEAN plans to hold a photo exhibition with a seminar as the opening event, focusing on how those infrastructures have improved connectivity and people’s life in ASEAN region.
Opening Seminar 9:30-11:00 on 18 October 2019 at the gallery room in the new ASEC building (see ANNEX 1 for the program)
Photo Exhibition 18 October to 1 November 2019 at the entrance hall of the new ASEC building
About the exhibition
The two-week exhibition features 10 successful infrastructure developments supported by Japan in ASEAN Member States. One project in each AMS is selected for the exhibition (see ANNEX 2 for the project list).
Invitees for the seminar and exhibition
- Diplomats from ASEAN Member States and Dialogue Partners
- Officials from ASEC, the Indonesian Government, international organizations, and other related organizations
- Academia and Media
- Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- ASEAN Foundation
Agenda of the opening seminar at the gallery room
09:00 – 09:30 Registration
09:30 – 09:45 Welcoming Remarks
- H.E. Akira Chiba, Ambassador of Japan to ASEAN
- H.E. Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary General of ASEAN(TBC)
- H.E. Tran Duc Binh, Ambassador of Viet Nam to ASEAN
09:45 – 09:50 hrs. Photo Session
09:50 – 10:50 hrs. Keynote Speeches
- Professor Koki Hirota, Saitama University Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- William Sabandar, President Director of Pt. MRT Jakarta
10:50 – 11:00 hrs. Closing Remarks
- Koji Hachiyama, COO of ERIA
11:00 – 13:00 hrs. Lunch at Dining Room
Infrastructure development projects
- Brunei Darussalam: 'Improvement of Kampong Ayer Residences'
- Cambodia: 'Sihanoukville Port New Container Terminal Development Project'
- Indonesia: 'Construction of Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Project'
- Lao PDR: 'Second Mekong International Bridge Construction Project'
- Malaysia: 'Port Dickson (Tuanku Jaafar) Power Station Rehabilitation Project'
- Myanmar: 'The Project for National Single Window and Customs Modernization by Introducing Automated Cargo Clearance System'
- Philippines: 'Pasig-Marikina River Channel Improvement Project'
- Singapore: 'Construction of the Terminal 4 Building at Changi Airport'
- Thailand: 'Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok (Purple Line)'
- Viet Nam: 'Nhat Tan Bridge Construction'