Digital Transformation with the Cloud: ERIA-AWS-ADB Webinar Series
Over the past decade, cloud computing has revolutionized how people and organizations work around the world by democratizing access to technology, affording organizations of all sizes with access to a plethora of digital tools, as well as the security and sustainability benefits of the cloud. Cloud computing is the foundational enabler of the digital transformation of governments, businesses and organizations of all sizes; the default pathway for innovation. Today, governments, public sector organizations, not-for-profits, universities, small and medium enterprises, and enterprises of all sizes across Asia innovate better, faster, and more cost-efficiently through the cloud. Yet, many organizations, both in the public and private sector, have a rudimentary understanding of the cloud and the policies that can enable cloud adoption across different sectors.
Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are hosting a series of Policy Webinars centered around the theme of “Digital Transformation with the Cloud”. This Policy Webinar series is a multi-stakeholder dialogue that will bring together policymakers, regulators, think tanks, academia, industry, and other key stakeholders to explore how the cloud and forward-thinking, pro-innovation digital policies can accelerate the digital transformation journey of nations. It will focus on enhancing our collective understanding about the cloud, its benefits, and the policy best practices for digital transformation through the cloud. The Launch Webinar will be held on 6 Oct 2022 and will focus on the theme of digital inclusion in the Cloud with the theme “Building Blocks for a Cloud First Environment”. The panel discussion will cover topics that lay the foundation for creating a Cloud First environment and the way forward for building a Cloud First mindset in the Asia-Pacific and beyond.
- Date: Thursday, 6 October 2022
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM (Singapore Time/GMT+8)
- Alfredo Perdiguero, Director of the Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination, Southeast Asia Department, Asian Development Bank
- Agne Makauskaite, Head of Public Policy for Regulated Industries, Asia Pacific and Japan, AWS
Panel discussion speakers:
- Thomas Abell, Advisor, Digital Technology for Development, ADB
- Semuel A. Pangerapan, Director General of Application Informatics, Ministry of ICT, Indonesia
- Mary Joy Abueg, President of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines
- Tahir Hashmi, SVP of Engineering atTokopedia and CTO at Dekara
- Moderator: May-Ann Lim, Director, Fair Tech Institute & Emeritus Director, Asia Cloud Computing Association
- Lili Yan Ing, Lead Advisor on Southeast Asia Region, ERIA