COVID-Robust Economies Regional Impacts of COVID-19, and Options for Recovery
The COVID-19 pandemic is transforming economies and societies across the Asia-Pacific and its impacts will be felt for a long period of time. Countries and organizations across the region are developing strategies, actions, and new thinking to speed-up the economic recovery process and transition towards the new normal: from macroeconomic policies to regional trade, value chains, and production networks, to the regional economic integration across ASEAN and regional dialogue partners.
This webinar organized jointly by ERIA and the New Zealand Mission to ASEAN, will discuss and compare different regional strategies and approaches to the economy, trade, production, and economic integration. It is an opportunity to learn about the region’s economic recovery from COVID and the challenges ahead, from speakers in the ASEAN region and New Zealand (the views of the speakers are their own).
- Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary-General of ASEAN
- Koji Hachiyama, Chief Operating Officer, ERIA
Convenor and Moderator:
- Alan Bollard, Professor of Asia-Pacific Economies at the Victoria University of Wellington, ERIA Governing Board Member from New Zealand
- Lili Yan Ing, Lead Advisor (Southeast Asia region), Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Deborah Elms, Founder and Executive Director, Asian Trade Centre (ATC)
- Pavida Pananond, Associate Professor, Thammasat Business School, Thammasat University Thailand
- Vangelis Vitalis, Deputy Secretary, Trade and Economic, New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade
Date and Time:
27 October 2020, 9.30 AM to 11.00 AM Jakarta Time (UTC+7)
Online (link to meeting room to be provided after registration)