[Event] Special Session: Launch of ‘G20 Research Forum’: Towards Multi-Dimensional Perspectives on G20 Development Agenda
Over the years, G20 along with its various organs like Working Groups, Engagement Groups, etc has emerged as an important platform for exchange of ideas, policy debate and consensus building among governments of the member countries and diverse stakeholders including from non-G20 countries. Although Engagement Groups like Think 20 (T20) has grown as an organised process over time there is still not much space within the existing formats of deliberations; hence constraining articulation of diverse perspectives on various development issues relevant to G20 and the global economy. In particular, G20 development agenda has undergone tremendous diversification in recent years with the inclusion of SDGs, climate change, quality infrastructure, gender, social inclusion, etc which require pooling specialised knowledge and expertise from academics, policymakers and practitioners.
In order to provide well-researched inputs to the G20 process through T20, the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), Jakarta; Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi; and LPEM, University of Indonesia have set up the G20 Research Forum (GRF) with open membership for others. GRF aims to undertake studies, organise brainstorming sessions, collaborate with governments and chairs of G20; and establish linkages with multilateral organisations such as WTO, World Bank, ILO, EIB, etc.
For wider dissemination of this proposed forum, ERIA, RIS and LPEM in collaboration with T20 Indonesia are organising a Special Session in the T20 Summit to launch the G20 Research Forum with a Panel Discussion on the need for multi-dimensional perspectives on G20 Development agenda on 5 September 2022.
Date: Monday, 5 September 2022
Time: 1:30 PM to 3 PM (Bali time, UTC+8)
RSVP for online attendance: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/t20-indonesia-summit-online-tickets-399876500377
The Special Session is part of the Day 1 Bundle - Parallel Session 1 All Sessions
Welcome Remarks: Dr Priyadarshi Dash, Associate Professor, RIS, New Delhi, India (5 min)
About G20 Research Forum: Anita Prakash, Senior Policy Advisor (IEC), Office of President, ERIA, Jakarta, Indonesia (5 min)
Chair: Professor Sachin Chaturvedi, Director General, RIS, New Delhi, India (5 min)
- Special Remarks: Professor Hidetoshi Nishimura, President, ERIA, Jakarta, Indonesia (10 min)
- Special Remarks: Professor Bambang P.S. Brodjonegoro, Lead Co-Chair, T20 Indonesia (10 min)
- Elizabeth Sidiropoulos, Chief Executive, South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA), Johannesburg, South Africa (8 min)
- Professor Dennis J. Snower, President, Global Solutions Initiative, Bonn, Germany (8 min)
- Professor Anna-Katharina Hornidge, Director, German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS), Bonn, Germany (8 min)
- Fahad Alturki, Vice President (Knowledge & Analysis), King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (8 min)
- Nicolas Buchoud, President, Grand Alliance, Paris, France (8 min)
Q & A (15 min)