The 1st Asia Cosmopolitan Awards "Selection Committee Meeting"
The award is established in the context of commemoration of the 1300-year anniversary in 2010 of Heijo-kyo (ancient capital of Japan located in preset-day Nara) as the last destination of the ancient Silk Road and one of the first cosmopolitan cities in East Asia. It will be awarded to individuals or organizations who have made substantial and significant contributions to the development and enrichment of East Asian Community in the field of cultural and economic integration, narrowing the developmental gaps, and establishing sustainably growing society in the region. The award is categorized in three prizes: Grand Prize, Economic and Social Science Prize, and Cultural Prize. The winners of the prizes are selected once every two years. The first winners will be presented the award at a ceremony which will be held in Nara, Japan, in December 2012.
Expected OutputsTo be announced.
DATE: 9:00-12:00 15th September, 2012
VENUE: LAPIS 3, 16th Floor, Main Tower, Hotel New Otani, Tokyo
1. Opening by Prof. Hidetoshi Nishimura, Executive Director of ERIA
2. Opening Remarks by Mr. Shogo Arai, Governor of Nara prefecture, Japan
3. Introduction of attendees
4. Check the distributed documents and treatment for absentee
5. Approval of Asia Cosmopolitan Awards Charter
6. Introduction of the candidates for each prize
8. Selection of the Awardees
9. Final Approval
11.Closing by Prof. Hidetoshi Nishimura, Executive Director of ERIA