Why Join Us ¿
ERIA is a leading international research institution where top economists work together and conduct research to develop practical policy recommendations for economic integration among the economies of ASEAN and East Asia. ERIA provides great opportunities for staff to tackle and study a broad range of subjects and meet academic and non-academic interests.
Serves as key contact person and coordinator for assigned publications. Performs a variety of writing and/or editorial duties: plans, designs, writes text, and edits organisational publications. Bridges the communication between every individual involved in the publishing process, from project manager/authors to editors to contractors, to make sure that every publication is published on time. Works independently with minimal supervision in a work environment of multiple and conflicting priorities. Works closely with the Communications team regarding design and branding.
- Manage materials for publications at each stage: prepare raw files for editing to be sent to ERIA pool of consultant editors and liaise with respective editors and researchers to review the files in between successive stages – editing, edited files with or without queries, author-reviewed files, finalised files
- Coordinate final files from consultant editors and seek Chief Editor’s review before the document is typeset
- Typeset publications in house or coordinate with contracted typesetter and supervise typesetting process for each chapter
- Coordinate and communicate with ERIA pool of consultant proofreaders to review typeset files
- For books, prepare necessary documents for seeking ISBN from Indonesia National Library
- In close coordination with the Communications Team, coordinate and supervise design process for book covers or other related materials between graphic designer and respective researchers
- Working with COO and Chief Editor, produce Annual Report and ERIA Publications Catalogue including gathering submissions from ERIA departments and researchers, editing portions of the publications, and managing design, typesetting and printing process.
Administrative task includes:
- Prepare editorial contracts and task orders for pool of consultant editors
- Update tracking file: publication tracking ensures the team is at all times aware of the status of each publication, which helps in follow-up communication with respective resources to avoid missing publication deadlines
- Facilitate payment for contractors/vendors
- Coordinate invoices with respective research assistants according to publications' budget code
- Read and reply to all emails. Failure to manage email correspondence can cause publishing delays
Skill and Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, or other related field
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Proven project management skills with high commitment to meeting multiple deadlines
- Strong knowledge of using basic graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects, vendors, and constituencies
- Prior publishing experience is a benefit.
How to Apply
Send a full resume with relevance ability descriptions to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please mention “Application for Editorial and Publication Associate” on the email subject. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this email address.
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: Until the position is filled.
Note: ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. Send your questions, if any, to email@example.com. For additional information, refer to the ERIA website.