Research Associate (Policy Design)
Under the direct supervision of superiors, the successful candidate will perform a wide range of policy design-related and/or research-related activities, especially, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Develop and communicate policy application of ERIA’s research
- Prepare remarks and speeches
- Conduct literature searches on specified topics as requested
- Assist other researchers in maintaining databases and coordinating with statistical agencies
- Provide statistical analysis as requested
- Organize, attend, and take notes at research meetings/conferences
- Provide research-related work, i.e. writing and/or editing research reports and documents
- Perform other research activities as necessary
- Any other relevant research-related work requested and supervised by the Executive staff of the team.
1. Education and experience
- Possess a Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics, Trade Policy or other related fields.
- Strong academic record
- Equivalent work experience can be considered.
2. Key competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experienced in conducting quantitative research work (with ability to use economic databases, such as Econlit, CEIC, WITS and statistical or programming software packages, especially STATA)
- Good strategic thinking skills and policy development
- Excellent team player whilst being able to work individually under strict timelines in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Ability to organize high-level events, adapt and multi-task, and work both independently and collectively in a team.
3. Appointment Condition
- Competitive remuneration with health benefits
- Local hire
The office will be provided at the ERIA Annex Office
Sentral Senayan II, & Floor, Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, Gelora Bung Karno – Senayan, Jakarta Pusat 10270, Indonesia.
How to Apply
Please send an application letter, attaching a full resume (not more than 2 pages), a statement of policy research interest, publications lists and a sample publication within the last five years, to [email protected]. When you email us, please write 'Application for Research Associate – Policy Design' in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address. in the subject field. ERIA only accepts applications submitted through this mail address.
Entry on duty: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: until the position is filled
Note: ERIA does not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process. Send your questions, if any, to [email protected]. For additional information, refer to the ERIA website.