Renewable Energy including Bio-Fuels, Energy Efficiency and Savings, Energy Security, Energy Consumption and Forecasting, and Water Resource Development and Management.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
My 17 years of professional career in the region of ASEAN and East Asia provided me a rich knowledge in dealing with development issues related economic, social and environmental development such as water, poverty, and energy. Currently, I am working as Energy Economist with Economic Research Institutes for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
• Kensuke Tanaka, Masato Abe, Han Phoumin., et al. (2017) Economic Outlook for Southeast Asia, China and India 2017. OECD Publication. Authors are cited in the acknowledgement due to style and requirement of OECD report. Downloadable at: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/development/economic-outlook-for-southeast-asia-china-and-india-2017_saeo-2017-en#.WKquTzjiOs1
• Han, Phoumin (2016) Analysis of Distributed Energy System and Implications for Electrification: The Case of ASEAN Member States. ERIA Discussion Paper 2016-28. Downloadable at: http://www.eria.org/publications/discussion_papers/DP2016-28.html
• Han, Phoumin (2015) Energy Security and Sustained Growth: Analysis of Energy Outlook and Savings Potential in EAS Region. Asia Pathways, ADBI. Downloadable at: http://www.asiapathways-adbi.org/author/han-phoumin/
• Han, Phoumin (2015) Enabling Clean Coal Technologies in Emerging Asia. 2015 Summit Working Paper at Pacific Energy Summit, commissioned by The National Bureau of Asia Research (NBR). Downloadable at: http://www.nbr.org/research/activity.aspx?id=507
• Han, Phoumin and Venkatachalam, Anbumozhi (2015) Policy Effects on Total System Energy Efficiency: Comparisons of advanced and developing economies in the EAS region. ERIA Discussion Paper 2015-67. Downloadable at: http://www.eria.org/publications/discussion_papers/DP2015-67.html
• Han, Phoumin (2015) Energy Policies and Home Solar System in Cambodia. ERIA Discussion paper 2015-64. Downloadable at: http://www.eria.org/publications/discussion_papers/DP2015-64.html
• Han, Phoumin (2014) Fueling Sustained Growth: Strengthening Energy Markets for Economic Development. 2014 Pacific Energy Forum Working Papers, commissioned by The National Bureau of Asia Research (NBR). Downloadable at: http://www.nbr.org/downloads/pdfs/ETA/PEF_2014_workingpaper_Phoumin.pdf
• Han, Phoumin and Fukunari, Kimura (2014) Trade-off Relationship between Energy Intensity -- thus Energy Demand--and Income Level: Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications for ASEAN and East Asia Countries. ERIA Discussion Paper 2014-15. Downloadable at: http://www.eria.org/publications/discussion_papers/trade-off-relationship-between-energy-intensity--thus-energy-demand---and-income-level-empirical-evi.html
• Han, Phoumin and Shigeru, Kimura (2014) Analysis on Price Elasticity of Price of Energy Demand in East Asia: Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications for ASEAN and East Asia. ERIA Discussion Paper 2014-05. Downloadable at: http://www.eria.org/publications/discussion_papers/analysis-on-price-elasticity-of-energy-demand-in-east-asia-empirical-evidence-and-policy-implication.html
• Fukui, Seiichi, Miwa, Kana and Phoumin, Han (2013) Child Labour and Wealth in Rural Cambodia: Re-examination of Alternative Hypotheses, Journal of Development and Agricultural Economics, Vol 5, No.2. pp 35-48
• Han, Phoumin (2010) Economic Facts and Development in the Lower Mekong Basin, State of the Basin Report, Mekong River Commission Secretariat. Vientiane Lao PDR.
• Kana, Miwa, Phoumin, Han and Seiichi, Fukui (2010) Does Child Labour Have a Negative Impact on Child Education and Health? A Case Study in Rural Cambodia, Oxford Development Studies, Vol 38, No.3. pp 357-382.
• Han, Phoumin. (2009). Hours Worked and Children's Health in Rural Agriculture: Empirical Evidence for Policy Implications. Annual Development Review, Cambodia Development Resource Institute, 2008-2009 ADR, Chapter 8. pp. 168-187.
• Han, Phoumin (2008) Human Capital and Hours Worked of Children in Cambodia: Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications. Asian Economic Journal, Vol 22, No.1. pp. 25-46
• Han, Phoumin and Seiichi, F. (2008) Root Causes of Child Labor in Cambodia: Testing "Luxury" hypothesis. Journal of International Cooperation Studies, Vol 16, No. 1. pp. 131-154.
• Han, Phoumin (2004) Goal 7: Ensure Environmental Sustainability. A Cambodian Millennium Development Goals (CMDGs), National Publication for CMDGs 2004
• Shigeru, Kimura and Han, Phoumin (2016) Energy Outlook and Energy Saving Potential in East Asia 2016. ERIA Book Publication, ISBN 978-602-8660-94-5.
• Ponciano Intal, Jr., Yoshifumi Fukunaga, Fukunari Kimura, Phoumin Han, Philip Dee, Dionisius Narjoko, Sothea Oum (2014) ASEAN RISING: ASEAN and AEC BEYOND 2015. ERIA Book Publication, ISBN 978-602-8660-73-0.
• Fukunari Kimura, Han Phoumin (2014) Energy Market Integration in East Asia. Energy Trade, Cross Border Electricity, and Price Mechanism [Printed book 2014, ERIA Research Project Report, No.29]
• Fukunari Kimura, Han Phoumin, Brett Jacobs (2013) Energy Market Integration: Renewable Energy and Its Deployment into the Power System. [Printed book 2013, ERIA Research Project Report, No.26]
• Shigeru, Kimura and Han, Phoumin (2015) Energy Outlook and Saving Potentials in EAS region. ERIA Research Project Report 2014 no.33.
• Ichiro Kutani, Mitsuru Motokura and Han Phoumin (2015) Scenario Analysis of Energy Security in EAS Region. ERIA Research Project 2014-35.
Reviewer of International Journal & Publications
• External reviewer for Journal of Agricultural Socioeconomic and Agribusiness, 2013
• External reviewer for Journal of Climate and Development, 2013
• External reviewer for the Southeast Asia Energy Outlook published in 2013 by International Energy Agency (IEA) and Economic Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
• Co-editor for the Energy Market Integration_ ERIA publication 2013.
• January 2013 to Present- Energy Economist, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and EAST ASIA (ERIA);
• September 2010 to December, 2012- Coordinator, Mekong Integrated Water Resources management Project, Mekong River Commission Secretariat (MRCS) based in Lao PDR;
• November 2008 to August 2010- Economist and Planning specialist, Mekong River Commission Secretariat (MRCS) based in Lao PDR;
• January 2008- October 2008- Programme Manager and Research Fellow for Human Security, Peace Building, and Conflict Transformation Programme, and Social Development Research Unit. (Including COPCEL Team Leader), Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI);
• October 2003- September 2004- Governance Analyst, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Cambodia;
• February 2002- September 2003- Poverty Monitoring Specialist, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Cambodia;
• March 2000- 31 October 2001- District Field Officer / Sub-district Administrator, United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor (under UNV assignment);
• September 1999- February 2000- Local independent consultant for World Bank's Country Assistance Strategy (CAS) for Cambodia 2001-2005 & World Bank's Cambodia Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Programme-Urban Water Supply Survey;
• December 1996-December 1997- Communication, Information and Documentation Assistant, UNDP/UNOPS CARERE Programme;
• January 1993-November 1996- Journalist, The Cambodia Daily Newspaper
• Coordinator of the Energy Market Integration Project
• Coordinator of Clean Coal Technology Project
• Coordinator of Energy Efficiency and Saving Potentials Project
• Coordinator of Sector Specific Energy Outlook
• Coordinator of Energy Security Index Project
• And assist ERIA Energy Unit in various tasks by working with various ERIA's Energy Working Groups.